“We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today.”
— Stacia Tauscher
What is it?
The notion of “we all are different” and “we all are same” is widely accepted and debated at the same time.
Kids learn in different ways and at different paces. K8 School designs the learner-specific learning path for their students based upon the requirements and learning styles.
Customized learning is a teaching model based on the very same premise. Each student gets a “learning plan” based on how one learns, what one knows, and what one’s skills and interests are. It’s the opposite of the “one size fits all” approach used in most schools.
Customized learning is a viable option for transforming the current Industrial Age, an assembly line delivery system to a system that empowers learners and takes full advantage of available technologies.
Customized learning presents a desirable and doable vision that allows the learning system to:
- meet every learner at his/her learning level,
- provide learning opportunities that sync with the learner’s most effective learning styles, and
- allow the learner to study and learn skills and concepts using content that is relevant and interesting.
Why is it needed?
Every child is a unique and special individual. Thus, generalizing their needs and requirements is not justifiable. Many students, whose individual needs are not acknowledged, end up being demotivated and lose their interest in studies. The different needs of the child do not necessarily imply their segregation from the mainstream.
How is it provided?
K8 School facilitates customized learning to the learner by:
- providing counseling wherever and whenever it is required;
- supporting a flexible and accessible learning atmosphere within the comfort of their home;
- aiding the learning process as per the skills, interests, and aptitude of the learner,using a learner-centric approach;
- paying specific attention to the slow and gifted learner;
- regular one to one support from the teachers;
- train the teachers as per the individual needs of the child;
- incorporating various teaching strategies as per the child’s learning style and pace.