The purpose of teaching Music in Grade-K is to introduce the learner about basic related terminologies through which one can actively participate in the expression of one’s ideas and present their creativity.
- The learner develops the foundation for displaying basic musicality.
- The learner begins to understand the concepts of musical notes.
- The learner develops an appreciation for different kinds of music.
- The learner performs musical skills with family and peers.
- The learner develops an understanding of the functioning of basic instrumental activities.
- The learner begins to identify different kinds of pitch and notes.
- The learner applies the teacher taught and self-taught techniques and concepts while performing musical arts.
- The learner becomes more attentive and listens to every instruction given.
- The learner develops inquisitiveness about various music forms.
- The learner begins to communicate one’s thoughts through music.
- The learner develops compassion towards music and society.
- The learner respects people from artistic career fields.
Concept - The learner is able to:
- listen attentively to various musical notes for the enhancement basic gross and fine motor skills;
- attempt at creating soothing music for self.
Confidence - The learner is able to:
- attain stage confidence;
- perform and connect to the audience through music.
Clarity - The learner is able to:
- express one’s emotions through music;
- develop a musical taste.
Application - The learner is able to:
- visually recognize standard instruments;
- interlink instruments with their sounds.
Innovation - The learner is able to:
- develop vocal skills and basic pitching;
- strengthen one’s listening power.
Compassion - The learner is able to:
- empathize with other’s emotions;
- promote peers to execute more artistic activities for recreation.