The objective of teaching English in Grade-Pre-K is to familiarize the learner with the foundational aspects of the language and initiate the listening and speaking skill development.
- The learner develops acquaintance to the basic building blocks of the English language.
- The learner uses English as a language of daily communication.
- The learner appreciates language as a means of gaining social acceptance.
- The learner uses language as a tool to distinguish oneself.
- The learner consciously and sub-consciously develops an appreciation for the importance of language in daily life.
- The learner expresses and identifies views/ideas/opinions/thoughts.
- The learner consciously and sub-consciously develops an appreciation for one’s responsibility towards the world.
- The learner develops inquisitiveness to know about the language.
Communication - The learner is able to:
- recognize and pronounce all alphabets;
- associate the sound with the letters.
Confidence - The learner is able to:
- identify their voice as a means of gaining attention;
- listen comprehensively.
Clarity - The learner is able to:
- develop a basic acceptance for language as a medium of communication;
- be intrinsically motivated to learn further.
Compassion - The learner is able to:
- engage in a shared reading of a familiar predictable text;
- comprehend and express thoughts and ideas to develop a collegial and co-operative environment.