The purpose of teaching art in Grade 6 is to encourage the students to create art using new artistic ideas, materials, methods and creative approaches.
- The learner is encouraged to collaborate to create art.
- The learner explores the ways through which art and materials affect the environment.
- The learner learns the influence of art design on people.
- The learner is introduced to the three-dimensional art form.
- The learner gains the importance of the concept of preserving art.
The learner is able to:
- apply new artistic ideas, materials, methods and creative approaches;
- determine the clarity of the expressed message or emotion in an art form;
- draw comparison between two-dimensional and three-dimensional art forms;
- analyze art form around the world;
- understand the values and lifestyle expressed in the art form from different regions of the world.