The objective of learning English in Grade-6 is to holistically develop learner’s listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills, thus enhancing to develop one’s language sense and linguistic abilities.
- The learner develops a deeper understanding of the language.
- The learner communicates effectively to be a part of a healthy discussion.
- The learner effectively and efficiently uses English as a language.
- The learner uses language as a tool to present one’s ideas and thoughts.
- The learner learns to strengthen one’s reading and writing skills.
- The learner appreciates the language as a means of acceptance.
- The learner incorporates language as a part of one’s personality.
- The learner completes and create stories.
- The learner recreates events and characters from stories.
- The learner efficiently comprehends and uses compound sentences.
- The learner learns to write a well-written five-paragraph essays.
- The learner applies figures of speeches discreetly in one’s daily communication.
- The learner uses listening and comprehension skills to form an opinion.
- The learner realizes the importance of independent and creative thinking and integrates social-emotional learning.
- The learner begins to acquire and rely on the language for exploring one’s interests.
- The learner develops compassion towards the language.
- The learner develops a feeling of respect for contemporary writers and authors.
- The learner showcases leadership qualities.
- The learner follows instructions properly whenever given.
- The learner understands others’ perspectives.
Communication - The learner is able to:
- Possess sound knowledge of phonetics and semantics;
- Integrate the language with other subjects of the curriculum;
- Write formal and informal letters, paragraphs, essays, and diary entries;
- Form opinions, thoughts, and views;
- Develop one’s social and emotional skills.
Confidence - The learner is able to:
- Learn the aesthetics of the language;
- Appreciate the language as a form of art;
- Be persuasive and critical in a given situation;
- Reflect on self and others action;
- Be self-reliant and independent to form opinions and take decisions.
Clarity - The learner is able to:
- Use the language as a medium of communication, comprehension, and acquisition of skill and knowledge;
- Avoid misinterpretations of words and objectives;
- Adapt different strategies to comprehend a text- both literary and non-literary text;
- Formulate the grammatically correct sentences as their speaking skills;
- Use the grammar to convey the clear message to the listener.
Compassion - The learner is able to:
- Establish a sense of sympathy and empathy towards the language and society;
- Use various verbal and non-verbal gestures to express emotions;
- Create a sense of responsibility towards society;
- Develop a collegial and co-operative environment;
- Work in a team effectively.