The purpose of music in Grade 6 is to allow the learner to express ideas and creativity through music .
- The learner expresses ideas and creativity through music.
- The learner applies music terminology to different instrument groups.
- The learner learns to read music.
- The learner discusses different forms of music and popular songs within worldwide music.
- The learner composes and renders music extemporaneously.
The learner is able to:
- perform, individually and as an ensemble, rhythmic, melodic and harmonic patterns, in simple and compound time;
- demonstrate a higher level of proficiency on a main melodic instrument, demonstrating understanding of the elements of music;
- listen to the music of various cultures and styles and respond through various modes of expression to musical elements;
- sing with accuracy, clarity and with proper technique and clear articulation, a wide variety of songs in both simple and compound time;
- identify and discuss music from the following genres in the local scene.