The purpose of teaching Physical Education in Grade-6 is to facilitate health, emotional, and physical literacy thus, aiding to their holistic growth.
- The learner understands the concepts of health and nutrition in detail.
- The learner names various joints in a human body, their positions, and their working.
- The learners develops a scheduled 36 hours of organized, physical activity for the completion of the course.
- The learner understands the social protocols related to every activity performed.
- The learner comprehends connections between thoughts, feelings, and actions.
The learner is able to:
- interpret the attributes of self and surroundings;
- develop stress management through physical activities;
- understand the importance of emotional and social wellness;
- interpret the importance of various nutrients and their deficiency disease caused by them;
- develop awareness about one’s strength, weaknesses, and thoughts.