The objective of learning English in Grade-7 is to holistically develop language sense and linguistic abilities among learners thus, enhancing one’s cognitive, social, and emotional skills.
- The learner develops a deeper understanding of the language.
- The learner communicates effectively to be a part of a healthy discussion.
- The learner writes formal and informal letters, paragraphs, essays, diary entries, and notices with ease.
- The learner recognizes compound sentences and their application.
- The learner uses language as a tool to present one’s ideas and thoughts.
- The learner appreciates the language as a means of acceptance.
- The learner incorporates language as a part of one’s personality.
- The learner draws out character sketches.
- The learner becomes creative with one’s thoughts.
- The learner creates stories with given outline, picture or a group of words.
- The learner learns to retrieve and synthesize information from a range of references.
- The learner understands and question perspectives of peers.
- The learner becomes self-reliant and independent to form opinions and take decisions.
- The learner realizes the importance of independent and creative thinking and integrates social-emotional learning.
- The learner acquires and rely on the language for exploring one’s interests.
- The learner develops compassion towards the language.
- The learner develops a feeling of respect for contemporary writers and authors.
- The learner develops qualities such as leadership, team spirit, and belonging.
- The learner begins to take initiatives and responsibilities.
- The learner respects others’ perspectives.
Communication - The learner is able to:
- Possess sound knowledge of phonetics and semantics;
- Identify and change tenses and voice;
- Integrate the language with other subjects of the curriculum;
- Inquire, acquire, and promote it to explore ones interests;
- Be accepting, accommodating and assimilating of other’s opinion.
Confidence - The learner is able to:
- Relate through lexical and cohesive grammar devices;
- Appreciate the language as a form of art;
- Be persuasive and critical in a given situation;
- Transform verbal instruction into diagrammatic representations;
- Socialize and participate in the given group.
Clarity - The learner is able to:
- Use the language as a medium of communication, comprehension, and acquisition of skill and knowledge;
- Avoid misinterpretations of words and objectives;
- Adopt different strategies to comprehend a text- both literary and non-literary text;
- Critically analyze, interpret, infer and evaluate information;
- Develop one’s social and emotional skills.
Compassion - The learner is able to:
- Establish a sense of sympathy and empathy towards the language and society;
- Respect, compare, contrast and accept norms;
- Create a sense of responsibility towards society;
- Develop a collegial and co-operative environment;
- Imbibe ethical, moral, cultural, national and global values.