Middle School Nutrition And Fitness
In Middle School Nutrition and Personal Fitness, students explore nutrition, dietary needs, and physical fitness. With a foundation in nutrition principles and practices, students read food labels and identify food safety concerns
- The learner explores the importance of nutrition, dietary needs, and physical fitness.
- The learner has a strong foundation in nutrition principles and practices.
- The learner analyzes exercise guidelines that promote healthy lifestyles.
- The learner uses knowledge of the body’s structures and functions to make sound decisions related to personal health.
- The learner enjoys and engages in healthy levels of participation in quality movement activities to support lifelong active living in the context of self, family, and community.
The learner is able to:
- understand the effects of nutrition on daily performance;
- acknowledge the importance of participation in recreational and leisure activities;
- make choices that demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between nutrition and emotional and physical health;
- recognize the importance of participation in recreational and leisure activities;
- describe and exhibit the behaviors associated with a physically active and healthy lifestyles.