The purpose of music in Grade 7 is to introduce the learner to the history, development and attributes of contemporary music.
- The learner explores the history, development, and attributes of music.
- The learner gains knowledge about music theory and.
- The learner learns music theory.
- The learner uses traditional and/ or homemade instruments to investigate relationships between musical expression and place.
- The learner develops music reading skills.
The learner is able to:
- interpret music sheets for various genre;
- practice performing music vocally and with a pitched instrument;
- Pose questions about sound to guide inquiry into the expressive and symbolic use of sound and silence;
- demonstrate sensitivity to the ways voices change with age and musical experiences;
- investigate and manipulate elements of music and principles of composition including tension and resolution.