The purpose of teaching Art in Grade 8 is to introduce the learners with various design elements and principles to facilitate contemporary art making processes and conceptual thinking.
- The learner develops artistic skills and content knowledge.
- The learner focuses on independent, creative thinking and problem-solving skills through project-based learning.
- The learner learns real-world art skills through repeated sketching and painting.
- The learner develops observation skills for different art forms.
- The learner expresses proficient research skills.
The learner is able to:
- use inquiry in music to extend understanding of composition principles of tension and resolution;
- generate additional relevant questions for deeper exploration;
- demonstrate awareness that artists are observant of their environment;
- recognize that visual art is a means of personal exploration and communication;
- appreciate the importance of visual expression.