The objective of learning English in Grade-8 is to holistically develop and appreciate language sense and linguistic abilities among learners thus, enhancing one’s cognitive, behavioral, social, and emotional skills.
- The learner develops a critical understanding of the language.
- The learner is able to use compound sentences properly while communicating.
- The learner uses language as a tool to present one’s ideas and thoughts.
- The learner is able to present an arguments using appropriate examples.
- The learner develops the methodology of applying grammar correctly in one’s sentences.
- The learner appreciates the aesthetics of language.
- The learner uses language as a part of one’s personality.
- The learner becomes creative with one’s thoughts.
- The learner learns to become persuasive and critical in a given situation.
- The learner transforms verbal instruction into diagrammatic representations.
- The learner adapts different strategies to comprehend a text- both literary and non-literary text.
- The learner learns to retrieve and synthesize information from a range of references.
- The learner becomes self-reliant and independent to form opinions and take decisions.
- The learner acquires different ways to state one’s opinions , thoughts or claims.
- The learner develops compassion towards the language.
- The learner incorporates the moral values of one’s favourite character.
- The learner develops a feeling of respect for contemporary writers and authors.
- The learner develops qualities such as leadership, team spirit, and belongingness.
- The learner understands and interprets spontaneous spoken discourse in a familiar situation.
Communication - The learner is able to:
- possess sound knowledge of phonetics, semantics, and syntax;
- comprehend complex words and identify errors in text and speech;
- apply grammar rules in one’s language;
- integrate the language with other aspects of learning;
- answer the question in own words and can socialize or participate in a given group.
Confidence - The learner is able to:
- relate through lexical and cohesive grammar devices;
- appreciate the language as a form of art;
- monitor, check and revise the information;
- reflect on self and others’ actions;
- present summaries and make announcements.
Clarity - The learner is able to:
- dissect the structure of poems and passages efficiently;
- use the language as a medium of communication, comprehension, and acquisition of skill and knowledge;
- avoid misinterpretations of words and objectives;
- retrieve and synthesize information from a range of reference;
- critically analyze, interpret, infer and evaluate information.
Compassion - The learner is able to:
- establish a sense of sympathy and empathy towards peers;
- revise and reinforce the learnings in practical situations;
- develop one’s insights, competencies and favorable attitude towards society;
- create a sense of responsibility towards self and others;
- imbibe ethical, moral, cultural, national and global values.