Introduction to Computer Programming
The course is for middle school students, which provides a foundation for future programming courses wherein students gain a broad overview of computer programming by exploring the logic, thought processes, and basic elements of writing code.
- The learner possesses a foundational understanding of programming.
- The learner gains a broad overview of computer programming by exploring the logic.
- The learner examines various programming languages, databases, and the Internet.
- The learner relates the course concepts to daily life by investigating careers in technology.
- The learner responsibly navigates through digital society.
The learner is able to:
- understand the difference between an operating system and an application program;
- program a computer using one programming language in the world, either to solve math and science problems or to create interactive apps, games, and experiences;
- gain a basic understanding of the science and engineering of computers, both on the hardware side (electrical engineering) and the software (algorithms);
- apply tools and techniques for data protection;
- develop computational thinking skills.