The purpose of teaching Physical Education to the learners of Grade-8 is to encourage health, emotional, and social literacy for their holistic growth thus, enabling them to enjoy being active and healthy throughout their lives.
- The learner becomes aware of the multiple facets for developing a healthy lifestyle.
- The learner focuses on 72 hours of supervised physical activity during the course of the subject.
- The learner comprehends connections between thoughts, feelings, and actions.
- The learner receives instruction on the basic elements and the proper execution of each movement in order to get the most benefits from the exercise.
- The learner becomes active by performing different exercises, engaging in different activities.
The learner is able to:
- get motivated and move for a certain amount of time within each lesson;
- develop the habit of maintaining healthy eating habits;
- develop a sense of considerations of self and others;
- modify activities as per the availability of resources;
- plan and perform recreational activities.