In Pre-Algebra, students explore concepts such as integers, expressions, equations, and fractions. This course provides learners with a solid foundation for Algebra.
- The learner develops a foundation for problem solving, critical thinking, and reasoning.
- The learner understands the concept of proportional relationships.
- The learner demonstrates the use of rational numbers such as fractions, decimals and integers to represent real life situations.
- The learner calculates and simplify unit rates and build ratios.
- The learner can explain coordinate planes involving integers.
The learner is able to:
- develop fluency in writing and interpreting varied forms of integers;
- solve one and two variable equations with ease;
- apply properties and formulas for triangles in real life situations;
- explain congruent and similar figures;
- use the laws of exponents to find solutions of simple exponential equations.