The purpose of teaching Arts in Grade-1 is to introduce the learner about various ways through which one can express ideas and demonstrate their creativity through art.
- The learner develops the creative skills required to foster personality development.
- The learner makes use of paints, oil pastels, brushes and shading pencils to perform activities.
- The learner develops an appreciation of various forms of art and develops a preferred kind.
- The learner performs various art-related skills with family and peers.
- The learner develops an understanding of art when exposed to various kinds of information.
- The learner differentiates between primary, secondary and tertiary colors.
- The learner applies the teacher taught and self-taught techniques and concepts while performing artistic skills.
- The learner learns to imbibe creativity in performing activities related to other courses.
- The learner initiates in performing preferred kind of art.
- The learner develops inquisitiveness about various art forms.
- The learner develops compassion towards art and society.
- The learner respects people from artistic career fields.
Concept - The learner is able to:
- recognize elements of various art forms;
- identify principles of design.
Confidence - The learner is able to:
- use their imagination to create art;
- develop artistic skills and basic art-understanding.
Clarity - The learner is able to:
- categorize various artworks in groups;
- develop and carry out a plan to create and revise their work.
Application - The learner is able to:
- create art-work outside the school;
- depict daily life through artwork.
Innovation - The learner is able to:
- initiate the process of creating a personal art portfolio;
- experiment with mixing colors.
Compassion - The learner is able to:
- explore the importance of working with others by collaborating both to create art and to solve artistic problems;
- promote peers to execute more artistic activities for recreation.