The purpose of teaching Physical Education in Grade-1 is to encourage learners to take care of themselves.
- The learner develops the social-emotional skills required to foster one’s overall health and well-being.
- The learner develops the understanding of one’s own body type and preferences.
- The learner develops movement competence and strategize movements with respect to one’s surroundings.
- The learner becomes active and begins to develop a impacting personality.
- The learner develops an understanding of the factors which contribute to overall healthy development.
- The learner begins to develop healthy living habits and forms negative opinions on junk food along with its effects.
- The learner applies movement concepts in day-to-day activities.
- The learner devises strategies to improve overall health.
- The learner develops inquisitiveness about personal fitness.
- The learner invents new games with more profound skills involved.
- The learner develops an understanding of positive mental health.
- The learner showcases sportsmanship in every activity performed.
Concept - The learner is able to:
- combine basic locomotive and non-locomotive skills in a regulated environment;
- recognize good touch and bad touch.
Confidence - The learner is able to:
- identify one’s interests and abilities;
- use basic gross-motor skills.
Clarity - The learner is able to:
- identify the importance of good health;
- develop healthy habits.
Application - The learner is able to:
- identify indoor and outdoor games;
- perform simple exercises.
Innovation - The learner is able to:
- create team-building games with friends and family;
- modify games as per the availability of resources.
Compassion - The learner is able to:
- display team-spirit in various activities;
- cultivate a feeling of mutual respect for peers.