The purpose of teaching Arts in Grade-2 is to introduce the learner about various ways through which one can express ideas and demonstrate their creativity through art.
- The learner develops the creative skills required to foster personality development.
- The learner makes use of paints, oil pastels, brushes and shading pencils to perform activities.
- The learner develops an appreciation of various forms of art and develops a preferred kind.
- The learner performs various art-related skills with family and peers.
- The learner develops an understanding of art when exposed to various kinds of information.
- The learner differentiates between primary, secondary and tertiary colors.
- The learner applies the teacher taught and self-taught techniques and concepts while performing artistic skills.
- The learner learns to imbibe creativity in performing activities related to other courses.
- The learner develops inquisitiveness about various art forms.
- The learner initiates in performing preferred kind of art.
- The learner develops compassion towards art and society.
- The learner respects people from artistic career fields.
Concept - The learner is able to:
- use a wide variety of materials to make their artwork;
- identify the various methods and materials used to create art.
Confidence - The learner is able to:
- use their imagination to create art;
- vacate choices through works of art.
Clarity - The learner is able to:
- identify one’s interests and abilities;
- develop and carry out a plan to create and revise their work.
Application - The learner is able to:
- create artworks that depict family, school, and community life;
- represent mood in artworks and create their works to express their mood.
Innovation - The learner is able to:
- initiate the process of creating a personal art portfolio;
- experiment with mixing colors.
Compassion - The learner is able to:
- appreciate one’s efforts to express;
- be cooperative and understanding when working in the groups.