The objective of teaching English in Grade-2 is to form the basics of the language among learners, thus, enabling one to communicate effectively and aiding the development of their listening, reading, and speaking skills.
- The learner develops familiarity with the phonetics of the language.
- The learner communicates clearly and be expressive of his views, thoughts, and ideas.
- The learner appreciates language as a means of gaining social acceptance.
- The learner uses language as an aid to create self-identity.
- The learner gets a clear view of the emotional and technical aspects of the language.
- The learner performs listening and speaking skills with more commitment.
- The learner feels compassion and respect towards the language.
- The learner begins to work with others to promote qualities such as team-work.
Communication - The learner is able to:
- pronounce and write all 3-5 letter words;
- picture and relate words with objects.
Confidence - The learner is able to:
- use one’s voice as a means to gain attention;
- effectively and efficiently present one’s thoughts in one’s social circle.
Clarity - The learner is able to:
- develop language as a medium to communicate, comprehend, and acquire knowledge;
- be intrinsically motivated to learn more.
Compassion - The learner is able to:
- understand and appreciate the contribution of using language as a medium to share, provide, give and receive thoughts effectively;
- use language to identify and appreciate through components of nature.