The purpose of teaching Physical Education in Grade-2 is to encourage learners to take care of themselves and their surroundings.
- The learner develops the social-emotional skills required to foster one’s overall health and well-being.
- The learner combines basic locomotive and non-locomotive skills in a regulated environment.
- The learner develops movement competence and strategize movements with respect to one’s surroundings.
- The learner becomes active and begins to develop an impacting personality.
- The learner develops an understanding of the factors which contribute to an overall healthy development.
- The learner begins to develop healthy living habits and forms negative opinions on junk food along with its effects.
- The learner applies basic movement concepts in day-to-day activities.
- The learner devises strategies to improve overall health.
- The learner develops inquisitiveness about personal fitness.
- The learner invents new games with more profound skills involved.
- The learner develops an understanding of positive mental health.
- The learner showcases sportsmanship in every activity performed.
Concept - The learner is able to:
- Understand one’s surroundings to use reflexes on time;
- Recognize good touch and bad touch.
Confidence - The learner is able to:
- Act upon one’s interests and abilities;
- Use basic gross-motor skills.
Clarity - The learner is able to:
- Develops spatial awareness;
- Maintain healthy habits.
Application - The learner is able to:
- Demonstrate active participation in co-curricular activities;
- Participate in physical activities such as- catch and throw, jumping, running, etc.
Innovation - The learner is able to:
- Create team-building games with friends and family;
- Modify games as per the availability of resources.
Compassion - The learner is able to:
- Display team-spirit in various activities;
- Empathize with one’s surroundings.