The purpose of teaching Physical Education in Grade-3 is to encourage learners to take care of themselves and their surroundings thus, providing the foundations for health and physical literacy.
- The learner develops the social-emotional skills required to foster one’s overall health and well-being.
- The learner combines basic locomotive and non-locomotive skills in a regulated environment.
- The learner strategize movements as per needs.
- The learner vocalizes one’s opinions on the importance of physical activities.
- The learner develops movement competence.
- The learner becomes active and begins to develop a impacting personality.
- The learner develops an understanding of the factors which contribute to overall healthy development.
- The learner identifies different kinds of sports and develops an interest in a particular kind of sport.
- The learner begins to demonstrate basic rules to play for major sport games.
- The learner applies basic movement concepts in day-to-day activities.
- The learner devises strategies to improve overall health.
- The learner becomes a part of creating an environment which cultivates movement.
- The learner performs activities testing the balance and control of one’s body.
- The learner develops inquisitiveness about personal fitness.
- The learner is able to invent new games with more profound skills involved.
- The learner promotes healthy social interactions.
- The learner develops an understanding of positive mental health.
- The learner is able to showcase sportsmanship in every activity performed.
Concept - The learner is able to:
- Understand one’s surroundings and act upon it
- Efficient use of one’s reflexes
- Recognize good touch and bad touch
Confidence - The learner is able to:
- Act upon one’s interests and abilities
- Judicially use gross-motor skills
- Develop a sense of consideration for self
Clarity - The learner is able to:
- Spatial awareness
- Maintain healthy habits
- Identify all body parts with ease
Application - The learner is able to:
- Demonstrate active participation in co-curricular activities
- Take part in physical activities such as- catch and throw, jumping, running, etc
- Enhance decision-making skills
Innovation - The learner is able to:
- Create team-building games with friends and family
- Modify games as per the availability of resources
Compassion - The learner is able to:
- Collaborate with others
- Display team-spirit in various activities
- Empathize with one’s surroundings