The purpose of teaching Physical Education in Grade-4 is to encourage learners to take care of themselves and their surroundings thus, facilitating health, emotional, and physical literacy.
- The learner begins to develop skills through better neuromuscular coordination.
- The learner combines locomotive and non-locomotive skills in a semi- regulated environment.
- The learner is able to strategize movements effectively as per needs.
- The learner vocalizes one’s opinions on the importance of physical activities.
- The learner develops more definite movement competence.
- The learner becomes active and begins to develop a impacting personality.
- The learner develops an understanding of the factors which contribute to overall healthy development.
- The learner identifies different kinds of sports and develops an interest in a particular kind of sport.
- The learner begins to demonstrate basic rules to play for major port games.
- The learner applies movement concepts and devises strategies to improve overall health.
- The learner becomes a part of creating an environment which cultivates movement.
- The learner acquires the knowledge of the rules of games, activities of sports performed for one’s better growth and development.
- The learner performs activities testing the balance and control of one’s body.
- The learner develops inquisitiveness about personal fitness.
- The learner is able to invent new games with more profound skills involved.
- The learner promotes healthy social interactions.
- The learner develops an understanding of positive mental health.
- The learner is able to showcase sportsmanship in every activity performed.
Concept - The learner is able to:
- Act upon one’s strength and endurance;
- Interpret the physical attributes of one’s surroundings;
- Develop stress management through physical activities.
Confidence - The learner is able to:
- Understand basic connections between thoughts, feelings, and actions;
- Use gross-motor skills with relatively greater proficiency than before;
- Develop a sense of considerations for self.
Clarity - The learner is able to:
- Enhance knowledge of spatial awareness;
- Maintain healthy habits;
- Be aware about one’s strengths and weaknesses when performing a physical activity.
Application - The learner is able to:
- Demonstrates active participation in co-curricular activities;
- Participates in physical activities such as- catch and throw, jumping, running, etc;
- Follow instructions whenever directed.
Innovation - The learner is able to:
- Relate the given activities with everyday life;
- Modify games as per the availability of resources;
- Attempt at developing self-control in non-regulated environment.
Compassion - The learner is able to:
- Encourage peers to focus more and realize the importance of physical education as a course of study;
- Display team-spirit in various activities;
- Feel responsible for one’s actions.