The purpose of teaching Arts in Grade-5 is to introduce the learner about various ways through which one can express ideas and demonstrate their creativity through art.
- The learner develops the creative skills required to foster one’s personality.
- The learner is given opportunities to work with a range of materials from metal to water colours.
- The learners understand the idea of cultural associations and perceptions.
- The learner learn to analyze, interpret, and talk about art with their peers.
- The learner performs various art-related skills with family and peers.
- The learner develops an appreciation of various forms of art and tries out many forms.
- The learner develops an understanding of art when exposed to various kinds of information.
- The learner is able to experience non-traditional approaches towards making of art.
- The learner focuses on creative art expression, images, symbols, and personal experience.
- The learner applies the teacher taught and self-taught techniques and concepts.
- The learner is able to use contexts while interpreting an artwork.
- The learner understands and makes judgements by viewing, discussing and analyzing works of art.
- The learner develops inquisitiveness about various art forms.
- The learner develops vast knowledge on the preferred kind of art.
- The learner becomes aware of one’s surroundings and develops artistic abilities.
- The learner develops compassion towards art and society.
- The learner respects people from artistic career fields.
- The learner feelings of mutual respect for peers trying to focus on artistic subjects rather than other core subjects.
Concept - The learner is able to:
- Use a wide variety of materials to make their artwork;
- Create, experiment, revise, present, analyze and respond to artwork;
- Experience non-traditional approaches towards making of art.
Confidence - The learner is able to:
- Use their imagination to create art;
- Work independently and collaboratively for ideas (regarding visual art, setting artistic goals, create meaningful artistic piece);
- Use necessary components such as display space, art preparations, and display limitations.
Clarity - The learner is able to:
- Identify one’s interests and abilities;
- Develop and carry out a plan to create and revise their work;
- Observe various ways art can be displayed.
Application - The learner is able to:
- Represent mood in artworks and create their works to express their mood;
- Compare and contrast art forms;
- Decide the various interpretations of their work.
Innovation - The learner is able to:
- Create a personal art portfolio;
- Experiment with mixing colors;
- Tell a visual story using artistic representations.
Compassion - The learner is able to:
- Appreciate one’s efforts to express;
- Be cooperative and understanding when working in the groups;
- Respect various kinds of art forms.