The purpose of teaching English in Grade-5 is to promote development listening, reading, speaking, and writing skills in the learner thus, making the learning more receptive, acceptable, expressive, creative, and accomplished.
- The learner develops a deeper understanding of the language.
- The learner efficiently comprehends and uses compound sentences.
- The learner effectively and efficiently uses English as a language of daily communication.
- The learner appreciates the language as a means of acceptance.
- The learner uses various tones and voice to express themselves.
- The learner accommodates language as a part of one’s personality.
- The learner differentiates between various styles and formats of the language.
- The learner applies figures of speeches discreetly in one’s daily communication.
- The learner uses listening and comprehension skills to form an opinion.
- The learner develops compassion towards the language.
- The learner accommodates and assimilates other’s perspectives.
- The learner imbibes moral, cultural and national values.
Communication - The learner is able to:
- Possess sound knowledge of phonetics;
- Successfully spell, pronounce and comprehend compound words;
- Write formal and informal letters and short-paragraphs.
Confidence - The learner is able to:
- Learn the aesthetics of the language;
- Believe in one’s thoughts and visions;
- Be self-reliant and independent to form opinions and take decisions.
Clarity - The learner is able to:
- Use the language as a medium of communication, comprehension, and acquisition;
- Eliminate the probabilities of misinterpretations of words and objectives;
- Conduct a healthy discussion with one’s peers, family, teachers, etc.
Compassion - The learner is able to:
- Establish a sense of sympathy and empathy towards the language;
- Create a sense of responsibility towards society;
- Develop a collegial and co-operative environment.